Reconditioned Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator
The Philips Respironics Everflo is a very affordable, whisper quiet and reliable 5 LPM in home - stationary oxygen concentrator unit that is “MADE IN AMERICA “
The Everflo’s footprint is a small, slim, sleek, attractive, lightweight design. Weighing in at only 31 pounds, it is a compact unit that fits into most any space. It has a built in rugged handle on the top of the machine, and features four large caster wheels which allows for ease of movement and mobility.
This Oxygen Concentrator has an adjustable flow meter which ranges from .5 LPM to 5 LPM that is adjustable in ½ LPM increments which can accommodate the various needs of most oxygen end users. The adjustable flow meter is also recessed into the body of the concentrator so as to minimize the potential for damage to the flow meter.
The Respironics Everflo is designed to reliably deliver 87% to 93% oxygen purity levels while in operation at any setting.
The Everflo is very energy efficient and economical to operate as is uses on average only 350 watts of power. The advanced design of the Thomas compressor allows the Everflo to run ultra quiet, cooler and uses less electricity therefore saving the user from incurring higher energy bills.
This Oxygen Concentrator will provide you with several years of safe, reliable and trouble free service and is designed to operate effortlessly and efficiently on a 24/7 basis.
The sound level of the Everflo is only 45 db and is significantly quieter than earlier models of oxygen concentrators which were louder, heavier and cumbersome.
The maintenance for the Respironics Everflo Oxygen Concentrator is exceptionally minimal and designed to be easy to maintain. It only require a filter cartridge replacement only once every year. There are no filters to clean weekly, as there are with all other models of oxygen concentrators out on the market today.
The filter replacement can be done very easily by removing the filter door on the top right rear of the unit, gently removing the existing filter by pulling on it and firmly pressing the replacement filter cartridge back into place and replacing the filter door cover. The total time for this should take no more than one minute.No tools required.
The Respironics Everflo is available with a humidifier bottle option, that is used with distilled water only. This humidification moistens the high purity oxygenated air so that it minimizes the discomfort to the patients nose and throat from the air being to dry.
This oxygen concentrator is designed for home settings or at any location where a long life stationary unit can be used which operates on 120 VAC and 60 HZ.
The concentrator should never be used in conjunction with extension cords, power strips or surge protectors as it will interfere with the proper operation and potentially cause the concentrator to overheat or have other operational issues.
Features of the Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator
- Model 1020000
- Lightweight and easy to transport and store at 31 lbs.
- Compact, ergonomic design takes up less space and looks less like a medical device.
- One of the quietest mainstream oxygen concentrators (<45dbA).
- Uses less power and produces less heat, so concentrator is more patient friendly.
- Durable Metal Cannula attachment - less likely to break
- Available with and without OPI (oxygen purity indicator)
- Available with and without Quiet Package (<40dbA)
- * A recessed flow meter helps reduce the chance of accidental breakage.
- ** The Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator's durable metal cannula connection is less likely to break.
- *** The humidifier bottle platform is designed to be compatible with all bottle styles and features an easy to use velcro closure.
- The Respironics EverFlo Concentrator includes a 1 year warranty.
- This unit is fully compatible with the NEW UltraFill Home Filling Station.
- 40% Lighter 24% more efficient and 15% more compact than its predecessor
Specification of the Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator
- Input Voltage: 120 VAC +/- 10%
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz
- Average Power Consumption: 350 watts
- Oxygen Concentration (at 5 LPM)*: 93% (+/- 3%)
- Liter Flow: 0.5 - 5 liters per minute
- Weight: 31 lbs. (14 kg)
- Sound Level: 45 dBA typical
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 23 in. (584 mm) H x 15 in. (381 mm) W x 9.5 in (241 mm) D
- OPI (Oxygen Percentage Indicator) Alarm Levels: Low Oxygen: 82%
- Very Low Oxygen: 70%
- Operating Temperature: 55°F to 90°F (12°C to 32°C)
- Storage / Transport Humidity: -30°F to 160°F (-34°C to 71°C) up to 95% relative humidity
- Operating Humidity: up to 95% relative humidity
- Outlet Pressure: 5.5 PSI
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 7500 ft (0 to 2286 m)
- Warranty: 1 Year
Cleaning of the Respironics EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator
Periodically, you will want to clean the exterior of your Oxygen Concentrator to keep it looking as well as it runs. It is important that you unplug the machine while cleaning it. Using a damp cloth, gently wipe the exterior of the machine. Using cleaning tools such as cotton swabs is perfectly okay, to clean the hard to reach areas. If using a medical disinfectant, make sure to follow all manufacturers instructions. Let the machine air dry before operation, as excess moisture may impare the proper operation of the device.
What percentage of oxygen does an Oxygen Concentrator deliver?
Oxygen Concentrators are designed to reliably deliver 90% oxygen +/- 3% at any flow rate. This purity has been tested to be clinically acceptable for long-term oxygen therapy.
How often should I clean filters and other accessories?
If equipped, the foam Cabinet Filter on your Oxygen Concentrator should be rinsed in your sink every week. Let it air dry before placing back in the Oxygen Concentrator. The bubble humidifier should be washed daily using a mild detergent and hot water. Tubing, Cannulas, etc are not to be cleaned. Simply dispose of and replace as needed.
Can I purchase a Low Flow (Pediatric) meter for my Oxygen Concentrator?
Most Oxygen Concentrators can be ordered with, or retrofit with a Pediatric Flor Meter. Please call for availability.
What length of Oxygen Tubing can I use with my Oxygen Concentrator?
The maximum recommendation is not to exceed a Bubble Humidifier, a 50 foot long extension hose, and a 7 foot long Nasal Cannula
How can I transport an Oxygen Concentrator in the car?
The optimum way to transport an Oxygen Concentrator is to buckle it in to the back seat, or place it on the rear floor of your vehicle. If necessary, you can safely lay it on it's back in the trunk if it is securely held in place.
Can I use my Oxygen Concentrator overseas?
The Oxygen Concentrators listed on this site are made specifically for US Voltage requirements, which is 110 Volts and 60Hz
What is Turn Down technology?
This Oxygen Concentrator incorporates Turn Down technology. The internal Circuit Board constantly monitors the flow rate and will slow down the compressor at lower Flow Rates. As a result the unit runs cooler and less power is consumed. In turn, you will have a lower power bill, and the Oxygen Concentrator should run longer.
How can I tell if the oxygen purity is good?
If equipped with a Low Purity Sensor, as long as the Green LED light is illuminated, you know that the Oxygen Concentrator is making at least 85% purity Oxygen. If for any reason the Purity falls below therapeutic levels, the Yellow LED light will illuminate. Contact your provider if you notice this.